www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

" The Wood "

4 posters

Go down

" The Wood " Empty " The Wood "

Post by standfast Mon Oct 21 2013, 18:59

Hi I am somewhat new to the stationary engine world, I have recently come across a stationary engine but can find very little information on it on the net. The engine is " The Wood " made by Walter A Wood M & R M, Co Hoosick Falls New York, Model "D" Type "F" No. B3044. Speed 800, I think it was
made in the USA, or maybe assembled over here by an UK subsidiary in 1916. Anyone out there with info gratefully received.I am also fairly new to the
net so replies might interesting.

standfast

Back to top Go down

" The Wood " Empty Re: " The Wood "

Post by Abes Mon Oct 21 2013, 19:21

Got any pics mate if not is it like this one

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.]

[You must be registered and logged in to see this image.] A stationary engine is like peeing your pants, everyone can see it but only you get that nice warm feeling: [You must be registered and logged in to see this image.]
Abes
Abes
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post by Foden Mon Oct 21 2013, 19:42

There is a WOOD open crank that attends rallies in the Midlands and North, it is owned by the engine steward of the Pickering and Astle Park rallies.

Pete.

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by standfast Mon Oct 21 2013, 21:30

I think I have this right,thanks lads,will take photo when I get to see it tomorrow.

standfast

Back to top Go down

Post by billypurves Tue Oct 22 2013, 20:04

Hi, What you have is a Newway engine badged for Walter Wood. This may have came off a corn binder built in the UK from supplied parts from the USA after the first world war.

Your engine is a New Way model D type F. air cooled. If you cannot post pictures on here will you send me pictures to me email address? In return I can send you a manual for the engine.

[You must be registered and logged in to see this link.] Regards Bill.
billypurves
billypurves
A credit to the forum
A credit to the forum

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum