www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Villiers freebie

5 posters

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2

Go down

Villiers freebie - Page 2 Empty Re: Villiers freebie

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jul 06 2013, 12:07

just got you txt message 👍 👍 
glad i was of use to you
i tryed to make the instructions as easy and clear as poss  ,with the extra info the manuals miss out
did you need to use my "3rd hand " clamp idea ?, it works a treat for me every time Very Happy an see i video of the
hope all the other parts arrive soon for you and then we all can see a video of the 1940s villiers running again
i only have 2 of these old girls with the split cowls  ones a mk25 petrol /parrafin and the others a mk20 petrol
the 3 we have are  a lot harder to find than just the one piece pressed cowls ,but the internals were the same to the end of villiers production
apart from the materials of some parts went through brass bronze tin steel alloy as the yrs rolled by,
hope she produces smoke and runs well  soon
p.s watch the bacalite end that screws in to backplate ,take your time there easy to break Shocked 
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Villiers freebie - Page 2 Empty Re: Villiers freebie

Post by kevjhnsn Sat Jul 06 2013, 12:28

[quote="Ibonaol"]
Villiers freebie - Page 2 Null_zpsbef86abbi see you have the carbs bottom jet cover/cap missing in the pic
if you need one as they can dribble petrol out some times if its missing
i have some spare old ones on my shelf if you need
Villiers freebie - Page 2 Mobile10
that was the 50s cowl i fitted while i rebuilt the original one as below "digger drove over it before i saved it all from the scrapyards crushing pile:D 
Villiers freebie - Page 2 100_6210
kev

Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 2 Previous  1, 2