www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

www.ukengineforum.forumotion.com
Please log in , the forum is open to guests who are now able to view most sections, feel free to become a member , you will then be able to post and reply to topics.

villiers tank straps how to make them

Go down

villiers tank straps how to make them Empty villiers tank straps how to make them

Post by Diddy Sat Mar 03 2012, 23:43

sorry dan no pics as i dont have that power on this site.but the txt is here think peaple will work it out from that.

.Right. Collected the strapping this morning and quickly knocked up a tank strap as a tutorial as promised. Dave, your strapping is in the post.
First thing is to measure the circumference of the tank. I have just used an old B&S tank that was lying around.
villiers tank straps how to make them 110

Measure the strap and cut adding two inches to the circumference.

villiers tank straps how to make them 210

Roughly bend around the tank or around a drainpipe or anything roughly the same diameter. (doesn't have to be exact)

villiers tank straps how to make them 310

Bend the extra inch that you allowed, out at an angle between 45 & 90 degrees. Again, doesn't have to be exact at this stage as you can finish it off later.

villiers tank straps how to make them 411

.Now drill suitable size holes in the end.

villiers tank straps how to make them 510

A suitable fastener and the job is about done

villiers tank straps how to make them 610

Just tidy up the ends by filing them round and a coat of paint and they are ready to use. Obviously, I have only done the one and you will need a pair and I haven't finished them off but the whole job only took me fifteen minutes and that was with photo's as well.

villiers tank straps how to make them 710

Last edited by stationary stu on Sun Mar 04 2012, 11:57; edited 1 time in total (Reason for editing : Pics added)
Diddy
Diddy
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

villiers tank straps how to make them Empty Re: villiers tank straps how to make them

Post by Guest Sun Mar 04 2012, 11:59

Added pics for you hope you don't mind.

A good job and step by step instructions.

Thanks Stu.

Back to top Go down

villiers tank straps how to make them Empty Re: villiers tank straps how to make them

Post by Diddy Sun Mar 04 2012, 12:06

alp is welcome.cheers not my thread but it works.
Diddy
Diddy
Life Member
Life Member

Back to top Go down

Post by Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum